Clear Polycarbonate Storm Panels
Made of a resin material, the clear polycarbonate storm panel can completely cover a window or door and has four times the impact resistance of plywood while being 30 percent to 50 percent lighter than metal panels, the maker claims. The transparent panel can be left in place for the entire storm season and has UV protection on both sides. SAVE YOURSELF THE TRIP, WE BEAT HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE PRICING ON PANELS, TRACKS, AND HARDWARE, AND WE DELIVER!
Features and Benefits of Clear Poly Panels
Wind and impact approved for Dade County, SBCCI, Texas Dept of Insurance, statewide Florida Building Code and ASTM Certified
- Light weight and strong
- Very cost effective way to protect your home as well as quick and easy to install.
- Can be installed with or without tracks.
- Can be installed vertically using H-Header and studded track or by direct mounting.
- Sun and light control is important
- Can be installed horizontally using two studded tracks or by direct mounting.
- All exposed installation hardware is stainless steel and painted to match tracks.
- Both the aluminum and clear panels can be combined on the same opening. This allows light to come in through the secured opening. See our Aluminum Panels here.
- Can be used to secure ALL home openings
- We provide professional installation.
- If you like to do-it-yourself: you will only need a good step ladder, a level, a tape measure, and a drill (we recommend a hammer drill). We carry everything else that you will need depending upon how you want to mount the panels.
- Protects and increases the value of your home.
- Provides added security to your home or business.
- Will not rust, crack or peel.
- The clear LEXAN panels also carry a 10
year GE-warranty against breakage and discoloration.
(Lexan brand currently out of stock, please call.)
- Mounting tracks available in white, bronze, ivory and beige.
- Panels stack (nest) into each other for easy storage. Approximately 9 panels per inch. Example: 100 panels will take about 11 inches.
- These panels qualify for insurance company discounts.
- We carry a wide selection of standard as well as non-standard and over-sized panels. We can also cut any of our panels to meet your specific needs.
- We carry everything required to direct or track mount. We carry all required screws, anchors, plastic caps, bolts, brackets, tracks, wingnuts, keyhole washers, hand tools, power tool adapters, drill bits, wingnut runners for power drills, setting tools and panel mounting tape.
Because of how the panels overlap, each panel covers one foot of width. The only panel variable is the length. We always carry a large supply of standard size Aluminum panels. Our standard size panels cover most wall openings: sliding glass doors, windows, front and side doors.
87" (for opening 63 to 79" high)
70" (for opening 50 to 62" high)
57" (for opening 42 to 49" high)
45" (for opening 23 to 41" high)
Hurricane at-risk areas we service: Broward, Coral Springs, Dade, Dania, Davie, Delray, Deerfield, Fort Lauderdale, Ft. Laud, Fort Meyers, FL Keys, Florida Keys, Gold Coast, Goldcoast, Hallandale, Highland, Hollywood, Homestead, Islamorada, Key Largo, Key West, Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderdale-by-the-sea, Lighthouse Point, Lighthouse, Light House, Margate, Miami, Miramar, Miami Beach, Marathon, Monroe, Martin, Oakland Park, Ocean Reef, Parkland, Palm Beach, Pompano, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Pembroke Park, Sea Ranch Lakes, Southbeach, Sugarloaf, Sunrise, Tamarac, Weston, West Palm Beach, WPB.